Christmas holidays are my favorite time of the year.
The lights, the winter snow with the warmth inside around the chimney.
A time for family and loved ones. A time to disconnected from everything and enjoy what really matters in your life your family.Jump to Recipe
Since I moved to live in Dubai, Christmas became more important to me because I get the chance to go back to my hometown and spend Christmas with my parents, my brothers and my family.
Who can say no to a warm French toast with some fruits on the morning of Christmas eve or the morning after, or at any morning of this season?
Warm and colorful breakfast that goes perfect with this season spirit.
And whether you are hosting a formal holiday dinner or just a small dinner with the family, this pajamas breakfast recipe is just what you need on your Christmas morning.
This is one of the most casual yet treasured meal, that you can never go wrong preparing it!
French toast, milk, egg, butter and you are half way there for a perfect Christmas breakfast or brunch.
But for an extra Christmas twist how about some cinnamon, and coffee!?
Yes! you heard it right cinnamon and coffee French toast.
With some baked Christmas fruits mix is all what you need on breakfast with every bite.
I prepared this recipe the night before and we grilled the French toast on the raclette the next morning.
You can enjoy it on raclette, that is an experience recommended to try with your family and kids.
But you can also enjoy it baked in the oven . just mix and prepare everything the night before and bake it fresh the next morning.
- – Thick whole wheat bread
- – 2 eggs
- – ½ cup milk
- – 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- – 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- – 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- – ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- – ½ tsp fresh ginger grated
- – 1 tbsp. instant coffee
- – ½ cup chopped pecans
- check the link below recipe
– Preheat on medium heat the raclette or a normal non-stick skillet
– Whisk all the ingredients of the toast dipping mixture.
– Dip the thick bread in egg mixture on both sides and drain well than put on the preheated grill or skillet.
– Cook for 3-4minutes on each side till golden brown.
– Flip and cook on the other side for also 3-4 minutes.
– Remove from the grill pour some baked fruits mix over and drizzle some date syrup on the top.
check this link for the spicy fruit bake recipe