this one pan meal is absolutely the easiest dinner you can make with minimum pan to clean and a the faster way to have a healthy dinner after your evening workout when you are so hungry to spend more than 10 minutes in the kitchen.
since I started work , my days got longer and my body needed more energy to survive 17 hours of non rest work, between my office working hour, and my home chores when I come back home. I felt a constant hunger and tiredness all day so I knew I was not eating enough and I need to fuel my body right.
so I organized my meals and divide them into a way that I will have enough food all day without starving myself and without either overload my diet and gain weight.
and this amazing pictures you are looking at is what my healthy balanced protein packed dinner after a long day will look like in just few minutes of chopping and grilling!
I love to share recipes with you guys but each time I share recipes quick, beautiful tasty and super healthy like this one I would be super happy about i! because I know how could be challenging to work all day and than have the enough energy at night to eat healthy and take care of your health.
do share with me your feedback and pictures whenever you try this little cutie on #annacookingconcept on social media and in the comments below
One Cheesy Vegetable Pan
Deliciously easy ONE PAN cheese and vegetables healthy dinner to quickly satisfy your hunger after a evening workout.
Write a review
- 80-120 g halloumi cheese, cut into 1 cm thickness slices
- 1/2 cup cherry tomato, cut in half
- 1 medium green pepper , cut into thin slices (julienne cut)
- 5-8 fresh mushrooms, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup celery stalk, roughly cut into pieces.
- 2 tsp. organic rapeseed oil *
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. zaatar (optional) *
- prepare all you vegetables and preheat oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- start with your celery stalk, sautéed for around 3 minutes till they start to get tender add the other vegetables and mix it all together , keep cooking it until they start to get soft and the mushroom turn brown.
- sprinkle the peppers and mix it all together.
- form a whole in the middle of the pan by moving the vegetables aside and lay your cheese slices
- in the middle.
- sprinkle some zaatar on the cheese.* and let it cook for 2 minutes or until it turned golden brown.
- flip it to the other side and sprinkle some zaatar and let it cook for 2 minutes also.
- turn off the heat and finish by sprinkling the remaining zaatar all over the pan .
- Serve with some Arabic bread, crackers or just alone
- you can easily switch the rapeseed oil to any kind of vegetables oil you like , i would recommend olive oil with this recipe.
- The "Zaatar" that I am talking about is the Arabic/ Lebanese traditional one that is made from drying the "zaatar" herbs and mix it with sumac, sesame seeds, salt and some people add other peppers and roasting all this mixture together. it add an amazing flavor to the food. you can find it in grocery stores in the middle eastern food section.
- if you can't find any "zaatar" mix you can easily replace it with any dried herbs of your likeness like oregano or basil.
- I prepared this recipe for one person Dinner serving but you can easily double it according to how many people you are feeding.