I have been playing around lately with the Alfredo sauce to get this rich deep flavor of the original one but without the fully loaded with cheese and milk.
I wanted to get that creamy rich texture but I insist on not using any dairy in it.
so I wanted to make a rich, creamy classical Italian dish with no Parmesan cheese and is as irresistible as the cheesy one.
so I start Improvising!
it only requires few simple ingredients and is so easy and quick to do.
the unsweetened almond milk adds this creamy texture, and the cauliflower adds that thickness needed to the recipe with the tahini touch that adds the depth and savoriness to the recipe.
To add perfection to it I baked it in the oven with mushroom sauce and chicken!! & ohhhhh boy!!
the result was amazing!
words cannot express the amazing rich taste of this recipe you need to try it for sure and get back to me with your feedback because this one is amazing !!
- 3/4 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1 cup raw cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 Tbsp. Tahini
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 250 g chicken breast cut into big cubes
- 1 tsp. rapeseed oil *
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small batch of fresh coriander, minced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion cut into wings
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. Rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp. Sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup raw cashew
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dry basil
- 1 tsp. red chili flakes
- bring milk to boil in a small deep casserole.
- add the cauliflower into the milk, lower the heat and let it simmer covered for 7 minutes until the cauliflower is steamed in the milk.
- add the almond milk and cauliflower mix into the blender and blend on high speed till the cauliflower and milk form a smooth blend.
- add the Tahini while the mixture is blending, than add the pepper and salt while blending.
- add the lemon juice and blend all together till all mix.
- set aside.
- while the cauliflower are simmering
- heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, place garlic and coriander and cook until you can smell the garlic.
- add the chicken cubes in the pan and cook on each side for 3 minutes while flipping occasionaly.
- when they reach a golden brown color. remove from heat and set aside.
- preheat oven on 200 C°
- in the same pan of the chicken
- add the other tsp. of oil on medium heat.
- add the onion and cook until the onion are tender.
- add the mushroom and mix with onion.
- add the pepper and salt and cook it all together until the mushroom release its moist .
- let it cook all together on low heat for 4 to 5 minute.
- pulse all the ingredients together till it is grounded and have a sand texture.
- in a oven pan, layer half of the mushroom sauce in the bottom of the pan, than add the chicken.
- spread over the chicken the other half of the mushroom sauce.
- pour over the white sauce.
- sprinkle with the cashew blend.
- bake in oven for 25 minutes until it start to boil and get a golden color on the top.
- serve and enjoy!
- you can easily replace the rapeseed oil with olive oil.
- this recipe stay in good condition in the fridge for 4 days.