Tastes like an omelet but looks like a muffin!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This recipe is perfect for a protein rich breakfast to help boost your day.
Eggs are one of the main protein filled ingredients that you can ever use.
Make a big batch and store them in the fridge for a very quick breakfast the next day… (And the couple of days that follow)
It is a healthier version of the usual muffins with an omeletty taste.
- 3 whole, fresh eggs
- 100 g double crème cheese
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic finely chopped
- 1 zucchini cut in small cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- Coconut oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 190 ͦ coat a muffin tin with spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, salt, black pepper, oregano, basil, cinnamon and ginger powder until egg mixture is foamy. Set aside.
- Add the veggies to the egg mixture and combine well.
- Cut cheese into small cubes and add to the egg and veggies mixture.
- Using a ⅓ cup measuring cup, scoop egg mixture and fill each muffin tin to the ½ of the muffin tin.
- Bake muffins for 30 minutes, until they’ve risen and are slightly browned.
Serving Size: 1 muffin • Calories: 85 • Fat: 6 g • Carbs: 4 g • Fiber: 1 g • Protein: 13 g