Did you ever wonder what you can do with broccoli stem?
If you are throwing away the broccoli stalks, your family is missing out on essential vitamins and nutrients.
The broccoli stalk, or stem, is just as nutritious as the broccoli crown, and is simple to prepare and cook.
Check this fresh broccoli stem salad recipe on blog, you will be addicted!
Broccoli stems salad:
Yield one bowl
- Broccoli stem
- 1 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Fresh juice of one lemon
- Salt to taste
- Cook the broccoli stem either by steaming or boiling, personally I boiled them with hot water for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the tahini with the garlic salt and lemon and swirl well , in this step the mixture may start to get sort crumbs and thicken . don’t worry
- Add water and keep swirling till u have a smooth mixture
- Remove stem from heat, drain and rinse well.
- In a bowl toss the stems with the tahini sauce
- Serve it as side dish or appetizer or a quick afternoon snack.
(1 serving that includes the stem with the amount of sauce mentioned in the recipe)
Serving: 1 serving • Calories: 200 • Fat: 12 g • Carbs: 20 g • Fiber: 5 g • Protein: 8 g