I used to sneak around with by brother to enjoy this fruit cocktail in a local small shop next to our house. It was our favorite treat.
Lebanese fruit cocktail is not just a fruit salad or a fruit smoothie it is basically a medley between many different ways that you can have the fruit in. and of course with some extra adding’s for flavor and texture. It is a beautiful mess and mixture of colors that you will be addicted on from the first spoon.
Since I came here to Dubai , I haven’t been able to find that perfect Lebanese fruit cocktail like the ones back in Lebanon, so I decided to make my own! And of course with some twists of my own because I just can’t help it! 😛
Basically the Lebanese fruit cocktail, is a thick smoothie made from pureed fruits usually avocado or banana with milk, layered with a medley of different type of chopped fruits and topped with Ashta cream, nuts and some honey.
So I worked up from this basic information and made my own version of it.
So check out this amazing delicious Lebanese fruit cocktail recipe that is healthy, tasty and really colorful and impressing to serve for your guest as desert or snack yet very easy to do.
- ¼ cup raisin
- 1 apple cut into cubes
- 1 banana cut into slice
- 1 orange cut into cubes
- 1 cup strawberries, cut into slices
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp. rose water
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ cup cold milk
- 2 Tbsp. corn flour
- 1 banana
- 1 apple
- 1 cup milk (vegan of your choice or organic cow milk )
- 2 Tbsp. ricotta cheese
- 1 head beetroot , boiled and peeled
- ½ cup of strawberries
- Juice of one orange
- Some chopped fruits
- Chopped pistachio
- Start with the fruits: chop all your fruits, add the honey and raisin and let it sit while preparing the remaining ingredients, so it soak a little bit.
- Than start preparing your Ashta: Put the ricotta cheese in a strainer for 30 minutes in fridge to drain well. ** In a small bowl. Put milk and corn flour and mix well till the corn flour is all dissolved in milk. Put on medium heat while keep on mixing until it get thickened. Remove from heat and add the drained cheese to it with the rose water and honey and mix it all till combined well. Set aside till it cool down.
- Continue with the smoothie: while the Ashta is cooling down, in a high speed blender, blend all the smoothie ingredients until you have a smooth mixture, and set aside.
- Start assembling your cocktail: in your serving glass bowl, start with a layer of chopped fruits mixture, than top it with 3 to 4 Tbsp. of the smoothie than top it with same amount of Ashta, keep repeating the same process till you fill ¾ of your serving bowl leaving some space for the garnish. Top it with a final layer of fruit pieces, with some Ashta and sprinkle the raisin and pistachio over it, and finish by a drizzle of honey.
- Serve and enjoy!
- *you can put any kind of fruits of your liking for the fruit mix, and for the smoothie also , just make sure to use the banana in the smoothie for the texture and sweetness and the beetroot for the color and to add an extra sweet taste to it.
- *some Lebanese ricotta cheese don’t need any drainage they come dry, but if you buy a not drained cottage cheese brand you need to drain it before you use it.