As the name predicts it, this recipe is perfect to flush out toxins from your system.
I usually replace dinner with this soup over/ after a holiday weekend full of fatty food.
Contrary to what is known of detox soups, this one is super tasty!! It helps remove bloating, and with losing weight after the holidays!!
Plan your 3 days detox as follows: a healthy nutritional smoothie for breakfast. For lunch the detox soup with some protein (steak, chicken, fish fillet …) and for dinner have the same soup.
Broccoli Detox Soup
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, thinly minced
½ onion, roughly diced
1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
2 ½ cups of water
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. Black pepper.
¾ cup fresh spinach
- Heat the olive oil in a medium nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion, and sauté for just a minute or until fragrant.
- Add the broccoli, and cook for 4 minutes or until bright green.
- Add the water, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil; lower the heat; and cover. Cook for 8 minutes or until the broccoli is just tender.
- Pour the soup into a blender, and puree with the spinach until quite smooth. Be very careful when blending hot liquids; start slowly, and work in batches if necessary (you don’t want the steam to blow the blender lid off).
- Serve the soup with a bit of fresh lemon.
Serving size: 01 / Calories: 129 calories / carbs: 14.1 g/fat: 7.7 g/ protein: 4.9 g / sugar: 4g / fiber: 4.9 g /saturated fat: 1 g